hushicon50.png Welcome to hushAsia,

like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. To take advantage of it immediately,

Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here

Existing user? Sign In  

Sa-teef

Some Pics in Thailand

18 hours ago, Sa-teef said:

Teelack had to buy a black dress and plain black top for the event. She had to work until 3pm yesterday and was dressed fully in black at work but no pants or black tops with lettering on them allowed so she had to come home to change before heading to Wat Chai.  Most of the motocys were free in Pattaya yesterday, all day. One motocy who I've known for over a decade told me last week that would be the case and told me to come by. I opted to stay home; better for me.

Well wifey and her mate got taken into town by a M/C taxi in his pickup FOC !!! all taxis were free to anyone attending and they had pick up points all around the town but because wifey knew the driver he agreed to pick her up at our house.   

• Upvote 1

Yeah Cliff, I wore black too. I am glad I went, it was tough waiting for 4 hours with just the umbrella though, but luckily in the one pic I posted, you can see when the clouds covered the sun, it was a bit more bearable.

The overall ceremony was phenemonal for sure on TV here. 

Rachanee tells me they are going to let the public start coming down Nov 3rd-30th, to see this place. They are going to take groups of 5,000 at a time, you are allowed 45 minutes to look and take pictures and then they will let in the next group.

Not very often in a lifetime we will be allowed to do something like this, so we are going to go, I want to go at night as this place looks outstanding, will post up pics if we are able to pull this off later next month.

• Like 1

Teelack tells me they are required to wear black for another two days, the 28th and 29th and then things are back to normal colors.  Not to be disrespectful but it is about time. It's been over one year now.  The Land of Smiles has turned into the Land of Black.  i had a friend fly in from Malaysia a couple days back and he said immigration at Swampy was very, very light and his priority pass was of little value since there were no lines.  All of these holidays and business disruptions have taken a toll on the economy.  It's about time for Thailand to get back to work. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Yessongs said:

Yeah Cliff, I wore black too. I am glad I went, it was tough waiting for 4 hours with just the umbrella though, but luckily in the one pic I posted, you can see when the clouds covered the sun, it was a bit more bearable.

The overall ceremony was phenemonal for sure on TV here. 

Rachanee tells me they are going to let the public start coming down Nov 3rd-30th, to see this place. They are going to take groups of 5,000 at a time, you are allowed 45 minutes to look and take pictures and then they will let in the next group.

Not very often in a lifetime we will be allowed to do something like this, so we are going to go, I want to go at night as this place looks outstanding, will post up pics if we are able to pull this off later next month.

All i own in black is a pair of trousers and shoes !!!

Well done on making the effort mate. Wifey went with her mate, all i would have been is excess baggage lol, look forward to your pics. 

28 minutes ago, Sa-teef said:

Teelack tells me they are required to wear black for another two days, the 28th and 29th and then things are back to normal colors.  Not to be disrespectful but it is about time. It's been over one year now.  The Land of Smiles has turned into the Land of Black.  i had a friend fly in from Malaysia a couple days back and he said immigration at Swampy was very, very light and his priority pass was of little value since there were no lines.  All of these holidays and business disruptions have taken a toll on the economy.  It's about time for Thailand to get back to work. 

I could'nt agree more but as you say from the 30th its back to normality.

6 hours ago, Pumpuynarak said:

I could'nt agree more but as you say from the 30th its back to normality.

Until the next sad event.  Note who was absent from the funeral procession?

7 hours ago, Sa-teef said:

I did watch all of the funeral,was the Queen there?

regards

grayray

Was reading all over the Internet here too, the business owners are taking a beating, especially all the clubs, bars downtown etc. Been very quiet they all say. 

Well.....I am downtowm tonite at Nana with a buddy Tuan who works for Oracle. He was in Taipei all last week for business and is taking a few more days. I will give you all a read on the "temperature" downtown, staying one night with him tonite at the hotel. 

Yeah hopefully all gets back to somewhat normal around here now, yesterday at the gym hardly anyone was there either and Saturday mornings are always busy. 

17 hours ago, Sa-teef said:

9 hours ago, grayray said:

I did watch all of the funeral,was the Queen there?

regards

grayray

Yes and very little is seen or heard.

Edited by Pumpuynarak

3 hours ago, Yessongs said:

Was reading all over the Internet here too, the business owners are taking a beating, especially all the clubs, bars downtown etc. Been very quiet they all say. 

Well.....I am downtowm tonite at Nana with a buddy Tuan who works for Oracle. He was in Taipei all last week for business and is taking a few more days. I will give you all a read on the "temperature" downtown, staying one night with him tonite at the hotel. 

Yeah hopefully all gets back to somewhat normal around here now, yesterday at the gym hardly anyone was there either and Saturday mornings are always busy. 

Now behave yourself lol

Some from September 2009 but I'll likely get out for some fresh ones today.

DSC04979.jpg

DSC04971.jpg

DSC04972.jpg

DSC04961.jpg

DSC04952.jpg

DSC04955.jpg

DSC04919.jpg

DSC04920.jpg

DSC04923.jpg

DSC04926.jpg

DSC04928.jpg

DSC04795.jpg