hushicon50.png Welcome to hushAsia,

like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. To take advantage of it immediately,

Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here

Existing user? Sign In  

Sign in to follow this  
Sa-teef

Women Charged With Computer Crimes for Stripping on Facebook

August 31, 2017 6:09 pm

image.jpeg.5c4a014dd545eb8edaf2d317f96a73a3.jpeg

BANGKOK — Two women were charged Thursday with violating the Computer Crime Act for stripping on Facebook Live.

Thanyakarn “Meya” Rojin, 23, and Kanchanaicha “Kik” Buranon, 21, went to Bang Khen district police after warrants for their arrest were issued Tuesday following a complaint by a moral crusader with a history of bringing legal action against women for their conduct.

“I didn’t want to do it. I had to do it out of necessity, because I have to support my family and other expenses,” Meya said in tears Thursday after being led before reporters. “I didn’t think it would be such a big deal or even a criminal case. … The page that hired me would pay us more if there were more likes and views.”

Police Col. Amnat Intarasuan said the two women broke Section 14, subsection 4 of the recently revised Computer Crime Act, which makes it a criminal to upload obscene material to publically accessible systems and has a maximum punishment of five years in jail and a 10,000 baht fine.

The two women turned themselves in and did not seem a flight risk, Amnat said. Meya and Kik were granted bail on bonds of 75,000 baht, and police said they would investigate the page that hired them.

Both women came with a lawyer and were prepared to pay bonds of 100,000 baht each. They were led before police and reporters in a custom that is mutually beneficial for members of the media and law enforcement.

Kik said that she regularly strips on Facebook for money but decided to do so for the page because she would get paid based on how many people watched.

Meya and Kik stripped naked Aug. 23 on Facebook Live. The video was filmed and shared by a soccer gambling page which they were hired to do to increase the page’s likes.

They were charged after police received a complaint Tuesday from Songkran Atchariyatsap, the president and only apparent member of an ultra conservative group called the Network Against Acts that Destroy Kingdom, Religion and Monarchy....more.....

http://www.khaosodenglish.com/featured/2017/08/31/women-charged-computer-crimes-stripping-facebook/