hushicon50.png Welcome to hushAsia,

like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. To take advantage of it immediately,

Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here

Existing user? Sign In  

peter storm

Bitcoin???????

Probably a bit late , could have got them at $50 three years ago , now over $8000 , people keep saying the bubble is going to burst , but when ..... cyptocurrency is probably here to stay , whether Bitcoin will be one of them ...no one knows , there are a few others out there 

think Barsie bought some , but too risky a bet for me ;)

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

Probably a bit late , could have got them at $50 three years ago , now over $8000 , people keep saying the bubble is going to burst , but when ..... cyptocurrency is probably here to stay , whether Bitcoin will be one of them ...no one knows , there are a few others out there 

think Barsie bought some , but too risky a bet for me ;)

Yes mate that is what I was thinking but a mate told me that they halve the supply of Bitcoins every four years, by the law of supply and demand that should mean the value will double!!

42 minutes ago, peter storm said:

Yes mate that is what I was thinking but a mate told me that they halve the supply of Bitcoins every four years, by the law of supply and demand that should mean the value will double!!

Yes there’s a finite supply , but all you need is an “event” maybe to do with security around the bitcoin and confidence could disappear making them worthless overnight ...

i’m sure many people will make a lot of money along the way , but there will also be some big losers .... and no disrespect , but it’s usually when the man on the street starts to get involved , like the dot.com bubble , that the professionals start taking their profits 

hope i’m wrong , good luck if you decide to jump in 

message Barsie he knows all about how to buy/sell and wallets to hold your coins offline 

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

Yes there’s a finite supply , but all you need is an “event” maybe to do with security around the bitcoin and confidence could disappear making them worthless overnight ...

i’m sure many people will make a lot of money along the way , but there will also be some big losers .... and no disrespect , but it’s usually when the man on the street starts to get involved , like the dot.com bubble , that the professionals start taking their profits 

hope i’m wrong , good luck if you decide to jump in 

message Barsie he knows all about how to buy/sell and wallets to hold your coins offline 

Yes mate, I agree with that.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Stillearly said:

Sub-title to the quoted article "Are we talking tulips or a 1990s tech stock? Or could this be the future of money?". IMHO, bitcoin's chance of being the future of money is almost nil. Who would want to spend their bitcoin on a product or service when the price is increasing as fast as it has. And once the bubble bursts, what vendor or service provider would want to take bitcoin as payment when the price is in free fall.

I think the idea of a blockchain based currency is sound and has potential, but a cryptocurrency will first have to demonstrate some type of price stability for it to succeed as a replacement for fiat money.

• Like 1

I've gone through the stages of doubt.

However now i've got involved and started to understand it more the less and less doubt i've had. I would go as far to say 1 bitcoin could be $100k by end of 2018.

I know all about the .com boom and bust. However what happened after that? We've had companies emerge like facebook, snapchat, instagram etc

What crypto currency is evolving are the next generation of these companies.

I am buying bitcoin then buying stock in companies I like their ideas. It's a 2x factor gain or loss. I gain if bitcoin goes up- or I gain if stock goes up. I lose in same way of course.

I do understand worry about confidence- but it's a serious community, very technical. People trading in this market are super confident- they actually rarely cash out- only move their investments in same crypto world.

14 minutes ago, barsie said:

I've gone through the stages of doubt.

However now i've got involved and started to understand it more the less and less doubt i've had. I would go as far to say 1 bitcoin could be $100k by end of 2018.

I know all about the .com boom and bust. However what happened after that? We've had companies emerge like facebook, snapchat, instagram etc

What crypto currency is evolving are the next generation of these companies.

I am buying bitcoin then buying stock in companies I like their ideas. It's a 2x factor gain or loss. I gain if bitcoin goes up- or I gain if stock goes up. I lose in same way of course.

I do understand worry about confidence- but it's a serious community, very technical. People trading in this market are super confident- they actually rarely cash out- only move their investments in same crypto world.

If you don't mind posting details, what are the companies that you're investing in using bitcoin? And why not just use cash rather than going through the extra hoop of buying bitcoin before making the investment?

2 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

If you don't mind posting details, what are the companies that you're investing in using bitcoin? And why not just use cash rather than going through the extra hoop of buying bitcoin before making the investment?

They are ico's (initial coin offering) so it's a crypto crowd funding companies.

I have:

SALT - a company who will lend traditional currency against crypto assets.

MONACO - a Crypto card so you can use like a debit card anywhere (like Visa) but paying from your bitcoin balance

SYNDICATE - The Syndicate Platform aims to provide a modular and secure crypto platform that simplifies employee and asset management (their blurb) however I know how this is currently done- it's big big business. So potential is huge.

TEN X PAY - singapore company aim to get asians to pay more with cards. Aim is at the cashless society which is not big in asia (this has big online retail implications- backed by Alibaba)

STORJ - stores data differently. Think cloud computing without the need of big cloud computing providers like Amazon, Microsoft. Splits data into small packets shared around the world on home computers.

OMISEGO - No fee financially trading like a forex exchange.

COFOUND.IT - A training programme to advise companies how to launch themselves on the ICO platform.

GOLEM - Another cloud computing storage comapny

MUSICOIN - Links musicians direct to listeners and fee is paid direct to artist. My take on this is if it gets backed by any big musician stock will fly up very fast.

PINKCOIN - Crypto equivalant of justgiving.com

NEO- Now this is real tech geek stuff- but in the crypto community it's potentially big. https://coincentral.com/what-is-neo-cryptocurrency/

Bear in mind there's a risk balance i'm doing so a lot of companies.

12 minutes ago, barsie said:

They are ico's (initial coin offering) so it's a crypto crowd funding companies.

I have:

SALT - a company who will lend traditional currency against crypto assets.

MONACO - a Crypto card so you can use like a debit card anywhere (like Visa) but paying from your bitcoin balance

SYNDICATE - The Syndicate Platform aims to provide a modular and secure crypto platform that simplifies employee and asset management (their blurb) however I know how this is currently done- it's big big business. So potential is huge.

TEN X PAY - singapore company aim to get asians to pay more with cards. Aim is at the cashless society which is not big in asia (this has big online retail implications- backed by Alibaba)

STORJ - stores data differently. Think cloud computing without the need of big cloud computing providers like Amazon, Microsoft. Splits data into small packets shared around the world on home computers.

OMISEGO - No fee financially trading like a forex exchange.

COFOUND.IT - A training programme to advise companies how to launch themselves on the ICO platform.

GOLEM - Another cloud computing storage comapny

MUSICOIN - Links musicians direct to listeners and fee is paid direct to artist. My take on this is if it gets backed by any big musician stock will fly up very fast.

PINKCOIN - Crypto equivalant of justgiving.com

NEO- Now this is real tech geek stuff- but in the crypto community it's potentially big. https://coincentral.com/what-is-neo-cryptocurrency/

Bear in mind there's a risk balance i'm doing so a lot of companies.

Thanks for the additional detail. I agree it makes sense to go the investing route, in which case bitcoin can serve as way to get in on the action. I would really like to see the day when a cryptocurrency becomes a viable alternative to fiat money. One that you can use to purchase pretty much any goods or services, and one that has a relatively stable price over time.

2 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

Thanks for the additional detail. I agree it makes sense to go the investing route, in which case bitcoin can serve as way to get in on the action. I would really like to see the day when a cryptocurrency becomes a viable alternative to fiat money. One that you can use to purchase pretty much any goods or services, and one that has a relatively stable price over time.

Agree what I think we will see is an implemented stable currency crypto based. A bit like Chinese have done for years with the ~Yuan.