hushicon50.png Welcome to hushAsia,

like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. To take advantage of it immediately,

Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here

Existing user? Sign In  

Sign in to follow this  
Sa-teef

Foreigners ‘rude’ to immigration officers barred from entering Philippines

I guess you should have your happy face on when arriving in the PI? :)

image.png

Breaking News February 06, 2018 18:15

Visiting foreigners who are rude and disrespectful towards immigration officers will be barred from entering the country, Bureau of Immigration (BI) Commissioner Jaime Morente warned on Tuesday.

The remark was made after the BI ports operations division reported that about 74 foreigners were turned away at the country’s ports in 2017 for being “disrespectful” to immigration officers.

Morente cited a memorandum order issued by former BI chief Andrea Domingo on March 29, 2001 which states that foreigners “who show disrespect” or “make offensive utterances” to immigration officers will be denied entry.

“The entry and stay of foreigners in the country is not a right but a mere privilege,” Morente said in a statement.  “Thus, they ought to show respect and courtesy to immigration officers upon their arrival in our ports of entry.”

Marc Red Mariñas, chief of the BI ports operation division, disclosed that aside from being turned away, rude foreigners would also be blacklisted.

“Domingo’s memorandum provides not only for the exclusion of a rude foreign passenger but also his inclusion in the immigration blacklist that prevents him from returning to the Philippines,” Mariñas explained.

“This is done to teach these arrogant and discourteous foreigners the lesson that ours is a sovereign country whose authority they should respect,” he stressed.

Blacklisted foreigners, however, may submit a request to the BI commissioner for his removal by “citing meritorious reasons and apologizing for his misconduct,” the BI, through spokeswoman Atty. Antonette Mangrobang, clarified.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/asean-plus/30338114

2 hours ago, Pumpuynarak said:

and what about rude discourteous IO's ? ahhh thats ok no doubt lol.

MrC,

being rude and offensive is offering 50Peso "tip" when it should be 100P:emo-kicking-dirt:

regards

grayray

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

There was a story a few years ago where a guy walked under the tapes that created the zig zag lanes for when there is a queue. He did it to save going the long way. The Immigration officer told him he was being disrespectful and told him to go back to the start and approach again going through the queue system even though there were no other people there.

When he approached again, he made a comment and the officer made a big fuss, deported him and blacklisted him!!!

1 hour ago, grayray said:

MrC,

being rude and offensive is offering 50Peso "tip" when it should be 100P:emo-kicking-dirt:

regards

grayray

I always give my guy the 100bht change for a coffee, thats what i tell him to avoid the obvious, it ensures a pleasant experience lol 

• Upvote 1

Common sense dictates that one should always be polite to anyone who has the power to Totally Fuck Up Your Entire Week .
I can appreciate Peters story about the guy who ducked under the tape, but I can also see where the officer could take offence to it. 
Last trip into Bkk I filled out my immigration card and there is a place where they ask for the address of the place you will be staying while in country. In all my trips I have always just put in the name of the hotel and had never had any trouble in entering the country. So I put down Secrets Hotel. Well I got up to the window and there was this short, fat and might as well throw in ugly old lady customs officer. I hand over my papers and passport, she asked about address and I kind of shrug and say
" don't know " thinking it was no big deal. 
So she comes storming out of her little cubical, grabs my hand and drags me over to the back of the line of the next customs officer and storms back to her little thrown and slams the little door. Well everyone is looking at me like wtf did he do? To be honest, I was pretty taken back by this and a little embarrassed.

Now did I yell  " fuck you you little piece of shit fat ugly cow mother fucking bitch your grand daughters are all whores in Pattaya" and spit a big fat luggy on her window ?
Nooo, I thought that a bit unwise! So I humbly stood in line until I finally got up to the next officer.
He looked at the paperwork, my passport, at me, at Secrets hotel in the address space, smiled, and stamped my stuff.  
But you can bet there will always be an address in that little fucker from now on.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

No matter what country you visit or live in, you're always going to encounter the petty and vindictive personality type that, given a badge, they're going to use it to bully others.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

In Phnom Penh airport was queuing to check in. Some idiots at front must of spent 30 minutes arguing with check in girl- it looked like they had a stupid amount of luggage. For the whole of this time business/priority check in next to us was empty. Normally they wave people over but this girl wasn't doing it.

I crack and approach to get her to check us in. She wasn't having it- I was like what you are not doing anything just check me in. This went on for like 5 minutes, I realised she was just showing off, so chanced my hand and pulled out a random card from my wallet and she just checked me in like i'd proved something.

Airports in general are pain in the ass places. It's treated like we are all criminals.

2 hours ago, barsie said:

In Phnom Penh airport was queuing to check in. Some idiots at front must of spent 30 minutes arguing with check in girl- it looked like they had a stupid amount of luggage. For the whole of this time business/priority check in next to us was empty. Normally they wave people over but this girl wasn't doing it.

I crack and approach to get her to check us in. She wasn't having it- I was like what you are not doing anything just check me in. This went on for like 5 minutes, I realised she was just showing off, so chanced my hand and pulled out a random card from my wallet and she just checked me in like i'd proved something.

Airports in general are pain in the ass places. It's treated like we are all criminals.

Was it a Blockbusters video members card?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, peter storm said:

Was it a Blockbusters video members card?

If I still had one it would of been.

It was 1 of these- which gets you into airport lounges.

pp.png

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, thumper63 said:

Common sense dictates that one should always be polite to anyone who has the power to Totally Fuck Up Your Entire Week .
I can appreciate Peters story about the guy who ducked under the tape, but I can also see where the officer could take offence to it. 
Last trip into Bkk I filled out my immigration card and there is a place where they ask for the address of the place you will be staying while in country. In all my trips I have always just put in the name of the hotel and had never had any trouble in entering the country. So I put down Secrets Hotel. Well I got up to the window and there was this short, fat and might as well throw in ugly old lady customs officer. I hand over my papers and passport, she asked about address and I kind of shrug and say
" don't know " thinking it was no big deal. 
So she comes storming out of her little cubical, grabs my hand and drags me over to the back of the line of the next customs officer and storms back to her little thrown and slams the little door. Well everyone is looking at me like wtf did he do? To be honest, I was pretty taken back by this and a little embarrassed.

Now did I yell  " fuck you you little piece of shit fat ugly cow mother fucking bitch your grand daughters are all whores in Pattaya" and spit a big fat luggy on her window ?
Nooo, I thought that a bit unwise! So I humbly stood in line until I finally got up to the next officer.
He looked at the paperwork, my passport, at me, at Secrets hotel in the address space, smiled, and stamped my stuff.  
But you can bet there will always be an address in that little fucker from now on.

i met her brother last trip, i  had put down the name of the resort and teeraks village on the card, he wanted exact address of resort ad teeraks name and phone number