hushicon50.png Welcome to hushAsia,

like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. To take advantage of it immediately,

Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here

Existing user? Sign In  

Sign in to follow this  
Pumpuynarak

House Painting - I think i found a good team

Well i've been putting off having the house painted as i never seem to be able to find a "good team" of competent painters that is until now. I got introduced to a husband/wife/brother team who came recommended by 2 farang mates who they also have done work for. I have to say i'm impressed with their work/competency/ethics, they arrive at 7.30am and leave at circa 5pm after they've downed the beers i give em lol.

The standard of work is very high from my observations, correct preparation before any paint is applied, use of dust sheets everywhere and no paint where it should'nt be, the "cutting in" is brilliant, proper scaffolding no bamboo and they make good everything that needs repairing before any paint is applied.

They reckon it will take them 2/3 weeks to complete the job, rushing the work is not on their agenda, i like that thinking. The cost for labour is 23K baht and to date its cost me 30K baht for paint/materials/hire of scaffolding etc.

Those of you who have any experience/knowledge of Isaan and its so called building tradesman will know how difficult it is to get competent workers, most of the time they're just cowboys looking to do a poor quality job and rip you off in the process, i have past experience of just this sort of so called worker/wanker.

Next job up is the sandwash drive and surrounds, now that is going to be a difficult one as i don't quite know what i'm gonna go for, sandwash is a waste of space for various reasons.

P1000644.JPG

P1000645.JPG

P1000646.JPG

P1000647.JPG

P1000648.JPG

P1000649.JPG

P1000650.JPG

P1000651.JPG

P1000652.JPG

P1000653.JPG

P1000654.JPG

P1000655.JPG

P1000656.JPG

• Like 3

Nice digs. Do you find the decorative tile squares in the driveway and walkway get very slippery when wet? I've got them at my place and I've cursed them many a time when I lose my footing on them. Thinking of rolling glue on them and throwing sand on top to make them a bit safer.

25 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

Nice digs. Do you find the decorative tile squares in the driveway and walkway get very slippery when wet? I've got them at my place and I've cursed them many a time when I lose my footing on them. Thinking of rolling glue on them and throwing sand on top to make them a bit safer.

Thankyou, well we only have them dotted around so no big issue really but you're right on the money about them being slippery, why people have their entire drive/surrounds done in glazed type tiles is beyond me (hope you were not responsible for yours lol) they're a death trap when wet, hopefully your solution will work. I'm trying to think of a way to put something down that is both safe/relatively maintenance free and will look good for a reasonable amount of time.

The sandwash was/is a disaster, the air here is full of black grit which settles on everything and impregnates the sandwash and you need to jet wash it once a year to keep it clean, that then throws up other problems, usage of water in drought times not to mention the jet wash pressure washes out the sand particles thereby destroying its integrity.

I'm thinking rough finished slabs with no grouting is the way to go, anyone have any other ideas (i'm no builder lol) ?          

Edited by Pumpuynarak

Looks a very good job they are doing. It's not worth having a job done if it's shit.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, barsie said:

Looks a very good job they are doing. It's not worth having a job done if it's shit.

Right on Barsie, they're real nice too, nothing is too much trouble.

2 hours ago, peter storm said:

Nice mate, I much prefer the new colours!!

Yes i agree and guess who chose them lol ?

Good to see that Dulux paint is being used. A bit more expensive, but far superior in my humble opinion

59 minutes ago, Proffesor said:

Good to see that Dulux paint is being used. A bit more expensive, but far superior in my humble opinion

Yes in the grand scheme of things to attempt to save small money by buying an inferior product just does'nt stack up for me.

1 hour ago, peter storm said:

ah, the wife then!!!

She does have her varied uses !!!!

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Pumpuynarak said:

She does have her varied uses !!!!

Nice to know she has more than the usual use mate, obviously a good ún!!!!

• Like 1