hushicon50.png Welcome to hushAsia,

like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. To take advantage of it immediately,

Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here

Existing user? Sign In  

Sign in to follow this  
Pumpuynarak

House Painting - I think i found a good team

MrC,don't leave the front light on you could end up with the oldie but goodie "saw the light on thought we would just drop in to say hullo" 3 week later you finally get rid of them. lovely home mate regards grayray

• Like 1

5 hours ago, grayray said:

MrC,don't leave the front light on you could end up with the oldie but goodie "saw the light on thought we would just drop in to say hullo" 3 week later you finally get rid of them. lovely home mate regards grayray

Thankyou, funny lmao. Wifey and i love our independence so we can live and do exactly as we want in our home, its our den of iniquity lol

• Thanks 1

It is great having your own house, it is lovely to go home and know you are not likely to spend any money!! I always said it used to cost me at least B1,000 everytime I went through my gate!!!

• Like 1

Well the team have finished the main house and are now busy doing the outbuilding. I'm really impressed with them and their attitude, the working boss has said if there's anything we're not happy with he'll rectify it without question to our satisfaction, he can't be fairer than that. I have to say we're delighted with the standard and finish of the works, now thats a first for me here in sunny Korat lol.

I'll post some more pics when they've finished, won't be long now.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Outstanding Cliff, late to this thread and well done to you. Beautiful home and I would like to see the finished product! 

Wife had her place painted in 2014, amazingly is still looking fairly decent with all the rain we get. Cambodia the same too?  I am not getting any younger, and am finding the stairs getting up to my "man cave" and the master bedroom alot more a pain in the ass these days.It is alot easier coming down, then going up right?  I am sure like most of us the Thais have all things "lacquered up" for the full shine, which does look nice but......I have fallen on my ass more then a few times here coming down. 

I have suggested to the lovely one, perhaps we can just go with a different type of "sealant" just for the stairs that is a bit more stable?  That did not go over well. 

More then ever, I need my fellow brothers for help here LOL! 

IMG_7027.JPG

IMG 7026.JPG

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Yessongs said:

Outstanding Cliff, late to this thread and well done to you. Beautiful home and I would like to see the finished product! 

Wife had her place painted in 2014, amazingly is still looking fairly decent with all the rain we get. Cambodia the same too?  I am not getting any younger, and am finding the stairs getting up to my "man cave" and the master bedroom alot more a pain in the ass these days.It is alot easier coming down, then going up right?  I am sure like most of us the Thais have all things "lacquered up" for the full shine, which does look nice but......I have fallen on my ass more then a few times here coming down. 

I have suggested to the lovely one, perhaps we can just go with a different type of "sealant" just for the stairs that is a bit more stable?  That did not go over well. 

IMG_7027.JPG

IMG 7026.JPG

That looks like a class painting job Mike, maybe your wifey knows a good guy and of course being in Bangers would lend itself to having more good painters available. Here in the boondocks mate its just sooooooooooooo difficult to get the right workers whatever you want done, its a continual battle lol

Like you i've got the same coating on my wooden stairs, ya gotta be careful with them, no doubt you've tried em when pissed lol

Its all finished now so i'll take some pics tomorrow morning and post for those interested, i'm really happy with the work and wifey is ecstatic which can only benefit me ehh, wink wink lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Yessongs said:

Tell the wife if you can't use a different sealant you'll have one of these installed. :D

Related image

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

Tell the wife if you can't use a different sealant you'll have one of these installed. :D

Related image

Bad man lol

Outstanding Force......god I think for an old hack of "60" I am in reasonable shape, but going up these fucking stairs 4-5 times per day is taking a toll on me LOL! Don't be fooled by the pic I provided, once you round the corner, it is another 10 steps to my man cave LOL! 

This might be the answer......I can even wear a blue sweater with matching blue socks too! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Here ya go guys, wifey and i are both very pleased with the completed job, now the next job is the sandwash and i really don't know what is best to do. One thing for certain is i ain't gonna put glazed tiles down lol. Had the gardening team in as well, 2K per month and they always do a great job.

P1000661.JPG

P1000662.JPG

P1000663.JPG

P1000664.JPG

P1000665.JPG

P1000666.JPG

P1000667.JPG

P1000668.JPG

P1000669.JPG

P1000670.JPG

P1000671.JPG

P1000672.JPG

P1000673.JPG

P1000674.JPG

P1000675.JPG

P1000676.JPG

P1000677.JPG

P1000679.JPG

P1000680.JPG

P1000681.JPG

P1000682.JPG

P1000683.JPG

P1000684.JPG

P1000685.JPG

P1000686.JPG

P1000687.JPG

P1000688.JPG

Edited by Pumpuynarak
  • Like 1

Outstanding Cliff, they did an excellent job and well done to them for sure. The colors are good and I like your trash can. 

Did you have that shipped over from the UK?  LOL!

I will e-mail Mali and tell her you are a "keeper" You have style.....hard to find these days.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Yessongs said:

Outstanding Cliff, they did an excellent job and well done to them for sure. The colors are good and I like your trash can. 

Did you have that shipped over from the UK?  LOL!

I will e-mail Mali and tell her you are a "keeper" You have style.....hard to find these days.  

Got the trash can in Makro lol and we use it to collect the plastic bottles for recycling. I already said to wifey i ain't going anywhere, how about you (her) ? needless to say she expressed her love for me in true Thai style, with a sniff kiss lol

The painting team have already picked up new work from a couple of our Thai neighbours, good for them.