hushicon50.png Welcome to hushAsia,

like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. To take advantage of it immediately,

Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here

Existing user? Sign In  

Sign in to follow this  
peter storm

Diet and Exercise!!!

I have found that the best way for me to get slimmer is to follow a high fat, moderate protein and low carb diet together with intermittent fasting.

This means I eat in a window of 8 hours to try to keep my blood sugar levels low to stop my body having to produce insulin. It seems to me that the body will not burn fat when insulin is spiked and once this occurs it can take several hours for the insulin levels to level out.

I also do weight training and cardio workouts in a fasted state.

My big problem is that it is difficult to stay focused here in Asia as there are so many temptations to go out and drink. Of course alcohol buggers it all up and you feel more hungry.

1st March I will be joining the new gym at Soriya Mall and will aim for a routine whereby I walk to the gym, some 12 minutes away then do my weight session, this will be a different routine every day then 30 minutes cardio.

All this will be done in a fasted state so breakfast of bacon and eggs will follow.

Anyone follow a routine or have any thoughts?

Has the gym got a bar?

Me and my mate joined a gym to play Badminton. Never got past the bar- just drank beer watching tv sport.

Very similar to my golf club membership.

15 minutes ago, barsie said:

Me and my mate joined a gym to play Badminton. Never got past the bar- just drank beer watching tv sport.

Very similar to my golf club membership.

Yeah mate these strenuous activities get in the way of lazy socializing!!!

J, with all the fucking you do why!exercise?fucking should be enough for one day :emo-praying:

regards

grayray

Edited by grayray
  • Upvote 1

Yeah fully understand the  "chess game" of staying in shape for sure. One thing I realized after many, many years of weight training and cardio/jogging is that literally every "body" is not the same. What works for one guy, will not work for another for sure.  Had my yearly physical in Jan here, all signs are good for a 60 year old hack like me, but the Dr. told me do not rest on your laurels, keep doing what you are doing, it is working. 

He also told me that exercise on a regular basis is critical, exercise burns fat etc. Common sense right? 

You are making a good decision to join that gym, the pics I saw look great. The biggest hurdle like you said, is staying focused since you have alot of other "cardio" options available to you LOL!  Here's a thought, you can do both, one day cardio/weight training at the gym, next day one of your gals. 

I am just the opposite of you as far as "fasting" I cannot do it at all. I have to work out on a full stomach, otherwise I get light headed very easily. Some guys swear by this, I just can't do it. Even before I jog on the treadmill, I have to eat 30 minutes before. I would offer though that if possible, eat before you work out, then this way you are burning more calories, which will in turn reduce fat. Again, we are all different. Tons of narratives I have read over the years support that everyone is different. 

You will like joining a gym too, I will assume that there will be a certain amount of girls there that are "different" then the girls we meet "other places" LOL!

I met a 35 year old Air Traffic Controller here, Aeronautical Engineering Degree, great gal and we are working on a visit to the "Tower" at Suwanpoon and she will take me and a few others to see the Operations there and the Radar Room too. Cool...

Keep us posted how it is going there with the new gym.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, grayray said:

J, with all the fucking you do why!exercise?fucking should be enough for one day :emo-praying:

regards

grayray

I am a bit off the fucking at the moment, the problem is when I go out on the hunt I drink a lot and then want pizza!!!

• Like 1