hushicon50.png Welcome to hushAsia,

like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. To take advantage of it immediately,

Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here

Existing user? Sign In  

Sign in to follow this  
Footix

Angeles City Revisited May 2018

I got some good info on here regarding my trip to Cambodia a short while ago so time to give something back :D. This was also posted on a PI board so if you read those too it may seem familiar!

I have had a long time ‘friend’ in Angeles – ex bargirl now 34 years old but currently working at a call centre on Clark. She would like us to be more serious but I am not keen and still enjoy my trips to the Philippines and elsewhere for some good times with plenty of other women (those that met me in PP will know this -_-. The one thing I have told her is that I won’t take girls from the bars in AC as it’s her home town and she still knows plenty of people in the bars there, including numerous cousins and a couple of sisters.

I usually split my time visiting the bars alone and also several times with her but I am not looking to barfine so my perspective is probably a bit different to others. These days when I visit the Philippines I spend more time in Subic, sometimes a few days in Manila or take trips out to various provinces. I usually only visit AC for a couple of days but this trip I was there for 5 nights.

I stayed at the Boomerang Hotel which is a good budget option and a decent 20-minute walk to Walking Street (I am happy walking as it’s a good way to stay fit and gets rid of the beer calories!). Anyway, I was surprised how quiet the streets were on my first night (Thursday) even at 10pm. However, I visited a few bars and there were reasonable numbers of customers inside. I wouldn’t say there were loads of great looking girls but there were enough I would have been happy to take if I was planning to barfine.

After rather a few too many beers I thought I would just check out High Society as I had never been before. Discos/Night Clubs are not really my thing but I have been to a few in Bangkok and Pattaya before so know the score. Hi So was pretty busy with plenty of obviously available freelancers. I wasn’t planning on taking anyone but got chatting to a good looking girl up on the hunt from Subic. Ended up taking her back to my room for some horizontal folk dancing and had an enjoyable time. So much for not taking a girl in Angeles but at least she was not from a bar and not from AC itself! :lol:

Rinse and repeat the following evening although I didn’t enjoy Hi So as much nor take anyone from there. On the Friday night there were far more blokes in there so fewer available women. There also seemed to be far more people smoking in there and it was actually pretty unpleasant.

Saturday I met up with my ‘friend’ and after dinner and a quick visit to some of her old colleagues in Monsoon we headed back to my hotel to get properly reacquainted. On Sunday I went to the Silly Sunday party which was in After Dark. Enjoyable and some nice eye candy to be seen. I was supposed to meet my ‘friend’ later in the evening but she had some crisis in her place after the heavy rain and a roof leak. I carried on my bar hopping for another hour or so before heading back for an early night. Monday was something of a repeat of Saturday with a pleasant meal at Tequila Reef where we were stuck for a while after the heavens opened. A couple of drinks in Genesis (or whatever it is now) with a few other former colleagues and back to my hotel again. Tuesday morning off to Subic on the Southern Cross Express.

• Like 1

A few thoughts on the current AC

Walking Street -  my god after all the money spent on this street how has it ended up in this state? Walking down there is like getting through an obstacle course. How many twisted ankles, cut legs, stubbed toes etc have been caused due the terrible surface? Chuck in some heavy downpours as occurred last week and it really is appalling. Beggars/vendors – possibly slightly fewer than on my previous visits. Certainly there seemed like less ladyboys hanging around Phillies and the massage girls have moved from the corner outside Kokomos to down by Bunny Burger.

Food was the usual fare. Kokomos average but really paying for the location – service as poor as ever. Margarita Station average too but a bit better value than Kokomos. The place outside Grand Central – pleasant set up and decent food, good though expensive coffee, although service pretty patchy. I actually enjoyed sitting at the Gyros/pizza place outside Centauro and the staff are friendly. As noted above I had a good meal at Tequila Reef.

As for the bars I must have visited around 15/20 different bars over the 5 nights I was in AC. I can’t remember all of them but they included: After Dark, Night Moves, Candy Bar, Monsoon, The Bunker, Club XS, Vikings (now Baikings!!! Wtf), Genesis, DollHouse, Brown Sugar, Centauro, Lollipop, La Bamba and probably a couple of others I have forgotten.

I surprised myself and really enjoyed Club XS – there was one of the ‘models’ there who was just my type and I would have pursued straight away if I was barfining and happy to stump up the no doubt ludicrous barfine. There were plenty of other great looking girls there too including the ‘ordinary’ dancers. This place reminded me of Atlantis a few years ago when they had a huge number of great looking girls (and stage fillers too). However, there is little of the DHG bullshit – both times I visited a had a few beers but beyond a couple of polite enquiries as to whether I wanted a girl I was left alone – no annoying massage attempts, tequila girls bs, sushi sales or whatever else DHG try on. Yes loads of point and shoot Koreans there but waitresses were friendly and efficient and plenty of girls on stage looking my way.

As I said earlier there were a few lookers in virtually all the bars I visited and other decent line ups included Night Moves, After Dark and Genesis. Worst line ups I saw were Monsoon (on the first night – I visited again another evening and it was better) and the Bunker which was truly awful apart from a couple of tequila girls. I did take a look in Shipwrecked but one stage was empty and all the seats were taken in front of the other one - 'no I don't want to sit looking at an empty stage, thank you very much'! Most bars had at least a few punters although very few were particularly full. For all its faults AC is still a fun place to visit. Yes it certainly had a major decline several years ago, sadly at the same time as prices rose pretty dramatically. However, I would say things have stabilised and it was little better or worse than my previous few visits. I know my lack of barfining there may make my experience a little different to many other short-term visitors but that’s my opinion for what it’s worth.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

footix,

I was last in AC way back in 94 and it had gone downhill from first visit in 84,been there maybe 25+ times from 3 nights to 20 nights,now it sounds like alls well stay the same,just up the prices. thanks for your TR hope to read more

regards

grayray

Edited by grayray